Since GTA V’s first release in 2013 a plethora of many thousands of custom mods were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most dedicated gamers and this is true to every Rockstar Games creation. But, considering that GTA V is the studio’s most successful game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the greatest mod support.
One of the biggest issues that players face when playing mods is understanding how to install and download them to ensure they can be used in-game. This can be difficult for those who may not be tech-savvy.
Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what changes to put in place in 2022 nearly year after GTA V initially launched. Below, players will find exactly how to download the mods for GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Downloading Mods in GTA V
Before players are able to decide what mods they need to install, they should be aware of how to download the mods. It is important to note that players can only install mods for single-player play, since Rockstar Games had forbidden the use of mods in GTA Online.
If players attempt to join GTA Online with mods enabled the game will subject them to an exclusion. There are a variety of steps involved in downloading mods within GTA V. The first step is outlined below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Download the application from your browser, and then follow the steps to install the application will lay out
- After the installation is completed, open the game and then select Windows on the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Continue pressing and then the Tools box at in the upper taskbar on OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. If you are prompted, select Yes.
What this procedure basically gives players is the ability for downloading and managing their GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application anytime to monitor how their mods are doing, deinstall them, or alter the mods. Also, take a look at how to install blade and sorcery mods oculus. The next step of the process is to find physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to: GTA 5 mods – Best Modding
- Select a mod that you wish to download. You can choose a specific type of mod on the site
- Once a mode has been chosen then click on its box, and then click the green button to download it.
- Certain mods will download a .rar extension file into your internet browser. Other mods will direct you to the Github page that contains the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require another program in order to view it like 7-Zip File Manager. It is available for download on the Microsoft Store
- After your .rar files are opened you’ll likely get a ReadMe document which can be opened using Notepad. This will give you directions for downloading the mod fully. the mod
- If the mod is listed found on an Github page you can download the most recent version. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, that you have to extract to a different location on your computer.
- After the files have been extracted After the files have been extracted, copy then paste them to the Mods folder in the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the same directory you have entered into the file path of the OpenIV application.
- Then, launch GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of your file in your GTA V directory or followed the directions for the .rar file
Although this procedure covers general mods accessible for download, there are mods that utilize scripts. This requires a different mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Start the file and then extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Paste the contents of the file into the directory for games within GTA V, but don’t put them in a particular directory.
- Create a new folder within the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose an option to download a script modification (these typically are tagged with .net)
- Start the zipped mod file then extract it in time
- Paste and copy the content of your file to the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V on greenhatfiles and make sure to follow the guidelines to use the mod provided by the mod’s creator. These directions are available on the best-modding.com page about the mod
When all the actions are done Once all of those steps are completed, players can begin to use mods at their own discretion after which they can begin to use mods GTA V.